MDS America is positioned to address the growing need for alternative delivery methods of high-speed internet access and multi-channel digital television. We understand the ever-changing telecommunications landscape and the challenges it faces. The industry is characterized by a slow build-out process, heavy investments in infrastructure, and little to no development in less populated areas. One of the most noticeable implications of these characteristics has been the creation of what has become known as the "Digital Divide".
Spanning the "Digital Divide"
With MDSA technology and MVDDS systems, service providers and digital television operators can offer digital quality multi-channel programming and broadband internet access to consumers in both urban and rural areas within a much shorter time. MDSA MVDDS technology can be installed and operational within two to three months for 100% of the potential subscribers without complex engineering or the traditional costly infrastructure.
The versatility of the MDSAMVDDS system enables it not only provide almost immediate broadband internet and digital television service in rural areas, but also enables it to thrive in highly diverse environments. Systems have been installed and are operational in:
- Densely populated cities and urban areas
- Flat, hilly and mountainous terrain
- Tropical forests
- Ice fields
MDSA MVDDS technology is widely used and has vast potential in the general areas of:
- High-speed internet downlink transport for home users and corporate users (LAN).
- Broadcast/Re-broadcast of digital television programs.
The versatility of MDS America's MVDDS system allows for integration of these two applications.MVDDS is a system capable of terrestrial television broadcast and simultaneous satellite television re-broadcast, as well as providing subscribers with high-speed Internet access. All the while transmitting on the same spectrum with DBS transmissions, without interference to either system.
Although some other companies state their ability to provide this service in the United States, they have no operational instances of this service.
Other applications and services of the MDSA technology include:
- Streaming audio and video servers
- CD-ROM servers
- Internet gaming services
- Remote education, virtual classrooms
- Databank services for (high-speed) private networks and Intranet (Many industries that rely on high-speed access for information and media are able to make use of MDSA technologies. Companies implementing their own private networks could establish new services or "on-line" services to their current customer base.
- News agencies for distribution of high resolution images
- Travel agent information with up-to-date availability of hotel rooms or other facilities with high resolution photo images
- Real estate agencies with up-to-date information and streaming video for walk-in feel
- Remote shopping services with high resolution images and video clips of available products
- Digital distribution of CDs and video to agencies for immediate launch, promotion, campaign and production
- Administration database in schools, universities, hospitals, etc.
The versatility of the MDSA MVDDS system enables it not only provide almost immediate broadband internet and digital television service in rural areas, but also enables it to thrive in highly diverse environments.